Upcoming Store Specials/Promotions
Save The Date
Anniversary Sale at Checkered Cottage
August 10 - August 15, 2020
Enjoy 20% off your total purchase including Recreate of full price merchandise. Sale does not apply to half price Recreate items or discounted merchandise. There will be two card make n take kits for a nominal fee of $3. Due to the current Covid regulations - there will be no in store make n takes.
Masks are required for entry into the store and in classes.
We are pleased to announce the opening of our resale section located within the Checkered Cottage. All you need to do is bring in your "nearly new" card making and scrapbooking items. You will be assigned a dealer number and will receive 50% of the selling price. All items will be on display for 60 days - 30 days at full price and the next 30 days at half price. Checks will be issued at the end of your 60 day selling period and will be mailed unless you have unsold merchandise to pick up. Items may be dropped off in the store during regular business hours. New product is priced and put out for sale weekly.
Items are accepted at our discretion. We look forward to having you as a consignor!
Parking For Classes At Checkered Cottage
We know there are few things in life worse than trying to find a parking space in Downtown Kirkwood especially when you have a class that will keep you busy for more than the alotted 2 hours designated by the Kirkwood Police Dept. As of January 1, 2015, in an effort to keep everyone one step ahead of the law, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
On the day of class only, proceed to the Downtown Kirkwood Business office located at 130 E. Jefferson (just across Kirkwood Rd. on the south side of the street). There you can purchase a one day parking pass for a mere $5.00. This will allow you to park the entire day with no hassle.
Thanks to the generosity of our neighbors at St.Peters Parish, you may park on their lot which also gives you sanctuary from parking fines! Their lot is located at the corner of Clay and Jefferson.
We feel these are two good solutions that will keep you from running out in, what could be, inclement weather to move your car every two hours.
We are constantly trying to make your experience at the Cottage as enjoyable as possible. We hope that between the new classroom and these new suggestions for your parking needs, you'll find your class taking time will be much more relaxed and productive.
Private Class Parties
Checkered Cottage will do a private class of 5 or more people on any of our class projects. You can bring in your own beverages and food if you like and we will set you up with the paper goods you need. All private class participants will receive a 20% discount on any shopping done in the store that day and the hostess of the party will also receive a $10 punch card. We do welcome children’s classes in the summer for embossing projects with Jan Conway for ages 8 and up
- Payment is required at sign up. No class fee posted we will require a $10 deposit toward the class fee.
- Cancellations up to 1 week in advance are refundable.
- Cancellations made less than 1 week of the class date are non-refundable.
- Extra class kits, for students enrolled, can be purchased for the class fee, at the teacher's discretion. Preorders are required!!!
- There will be a nominal charge for a make up fee if someone misses class and wants to reschedule with the teacher. The fee is $ 10.00/hr. The fee will be waived if a teacher or weather cancels a class for any reason and needs to be rescheduled.
- Please keep cell phones on vibrate during class time.
- Reminder: Checkered Cottage follows the Kirkwood school closings during bad weather season. We will also try and leave you a phone message regarding weather related canceled classes.
Store Refund Policies
Punch cards - limit 2 redeemed per visit. There are no punches on commission, jewelry, or recreate merchandise. All sales are final on recreate and clearance merchandise. Without a receipt you will receive an in-store credit on any other purchases returned.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 10am to 5pm
Thursday: 10am to 6pm
Saturday: 10am to 4pm
Print this Coupon